Why TodaysMeet?TodaysMeet is a backchannel that gets students chatting via an easy-to-use interface. It's a free Web 2.0 tool that requires no logins and works on any Internet device. Teachers create a virtual room for students to contribute. The tool can be used for discussions, brainstorming, reflecting, formative assessment, and even exit tickets. Responses are limited to 140 characters or less (much like Twitter).
Create a Room
- Go to https://todaysmeet.com
- Click the Name Your Room button (Name Example: demographyA2)
- Choose the amount of time you want your room to be active: 2 hrs, 8 hrs, 12 hrs, one day, one week, one month, or a year.
- Select Create your room.
- Enter your name and click Join.
- Next, enter a guiding question and click the Say button.
Join a Room
- Share your custom TodaysMeet room URL with your students.
- Instruct students to enter their name and click Join.
- Next, enter a message and click Say.
In the Classroom
- Set specific rules on how students name themselves in the TodaysMeet Room.
- Use as a "parking lot" for questions that come up during the lesson
- Send links to all students in the classroom quickly
- Use guiding questions before students watch a video
- Create Wordle from transcript after discussions to analyze what students understand as most important
- Use transcript to give daily grade based on participation
- Two or more classrooms engage in a conversation as they listen to the same content at the same time.
- Students record responses/reflections after completing an activity.
- Before a science lab, students record their hypothesis. After lab, they respond about the conclusion.
- Conduct silent discussion with students instead of oral discussion